Wednesday, September 17, 2008

on procrastination, t-shirts, and sundry potent thoughts.

For the record, I'm procrastinating. I'm so close to finishing this bloody book, and the remaining drawings are filling me with dread and tedium, for some reason, probably the same reason that has me thinking daily about moving to Berlin and getting a job as a waitress. Which, I should say, (with no small awareness of the irony of it all) fills me with unparalleled glee. As well as remorse that I may be completely incapable of committing to anything on earth, at the very least geography.
But ANYHOW. Drawing is next, just a few small thoughts to fill a bit of lax time beforehand.
I love t-shirt slogans. I would own a company, or buy the company, or at the very least wear sloganed t-shirts, if they actually sold t-shirts, and not tents, with clever thoughts on them.
A few weeks ago I saw one that has been reverberating in and out of my head in sundry moments:

Well-behaved women rarely make history.

And though it is that typical feminist cheek and righteousness, I have to say, not only is it true, but it's kind of depressing, and really brings home who's writing this planets narrative.

No comments: